- Download Picasa for Windows at www.picasa.google.com
- Download Picasa for Macintosh at http://picasa.google.com/mac/
- It’s the only software you’ll need for managing your digital photos
- It’s fast and easy
- It’s Free
No matter what software you use, you need to:
- Transfer photos from camera to computer
- Delete the bad, rename or caption the keepers
- Organize the photos with folders, albums, tags, faces and places
- Find and View photos on your computer
- Edit pictures; make them look better with single-click easy features that rival much more complex photo-editing software
- Prepare and Resize pictures for use in other programs
- Share via Print, Email and Websites
- Back them up!
Picasa does all of the above. It is the only software you’ll need to manage your photos on a day-to-day basis. The only thing it doesn’t do is serious editing and drawing like removing a person from a photo, or adding a bird to the sky, or drawing a logo.
It is especially good at backing up your photos and burning the CDs or DVDs to store them. You don’t need any extra disk-burning software.
Here is an overview of Picasa’s features: