Have you ever taken a group photo and wanted to identify the people? If the group is small enough, you could use Picasa’s text tool and just write their name above or below their face. In a large group, and especially in a busy color photo, those names will be difficult to read.
Here’s what I came up with.
- Make a copy of the photo (File->Save a Copy) to be the legend. Convert it to a black and white drawing by using the pencil sketch feature on Picasa’s last tab of editing tools
You may need to adjust the sliders on the Pencil Sketch feature to get just the right effect.
- Use Picasa’s text tool to add the numbers right below each person’s face. Just click in each place you want to type to create separate texts for each person.
- Write their names in a document with a numbered list
If you are a Geeks on Tour member, we have tutorial videos on how to use these features:
- pics24.Picasa’s 12 Effects #121
- pics24a.More Effects 13-18 #253
- pics24b.More Effects 19-24 #254
- pics24c.More Effects #25-30
- pics24d.More Effects 31-36